Jim Wulforst provides some answers to 7 common questions from employees receiving stock options.
- What are the most common types of employee stock offerings?
- What’s the difference between “incentive” and “non-qualified” stock options?
- What about taxes?
- How do I know whether to hold or sell after I exercise?
- I believe in my company’s future. How much of its stock should I own?
- I work for a privately-held startup. If this company never goes public or is purchased by another company before going public, what happens to the stock?
- I still have a lot of questions. How can I learn more?