This webinar moderated by Bruce Brumberg featured a panel of three stock option planning professionals (including StockOpter’s Bill Dillhoefer). The presenters offered tips and case studies regarding helping clients to make informed and prudent stock option decisions. This included mistakes to avoid and advanced concepts for maximizing value.
Here are some of the key points explained in the article and during the webinar:
- Considerations for when to exercise
- Option leverage and tax deferral
- Risk v. Reward
- Taxes: Ordinary income and AMT
- Organizing and understanding grant information
- Reasons for getting help from a financial advisor